Sunday, August 12, 2007

Intro to the Mission

Sometimes it seems like authenticity and individuality have been lost among the conformity and sterility of modern life, no where more than in the chain restaurant. In a world where convenience and brand names reign supreme, there still stands a vestige of the real America. Family owned eating establishments are the heart and soul of our country. Family, tradition and individual passion will fuel this collection of stories.

Being the self-sacrificing creature that I am, I have taken it upon myself, gentle reader, to eat everything 'real' in the four county area. Unfortunately, like so many other things in life, the Tampa Bay Area Regional Culinary Travel Authority was instituted, but the funding dollars were vetoed somewhere along the way. We soldier on.

I am disposed to try just about everything and I have the pleasure of counting many foodies among my friends, so you will have the advantage of sharing the perspectives and suggestions of all. And you, dear friends, being the renowned scholars, playwrights, and culinary aficionados that you are, please feel free to contribute your thoughts as well. So, I will be looking for all your submissions. Greg, that 50s diner in Holiday would be a great addition in your copious amounts of spare time.

No comments: